Listen to all episodes of the Talks with Teachers podcast on
Anita Jordan is a skilled, caring professional to work with educational professionals building effective programs and strategies for Advanced Placement English.
In this episode you will learn:
- how she knew she was best suited for teaching high school instead of middle school
- why middle school kids are neither fish nor fowl
- how she was able to get her students to think for themselves
- why a teacher should not answer questions but provide more questions
- how to do a cold reading in class and why that is so important
- what a think aloud is and how to do it with your students
- how to get students to read with all their faculties
- why every class she taught was different
Anita’s daughter, Hillary Jordan, is an acclaimed novelist. If you have not read Mudbound
I encouraged you to do so. It is one of the best novels I have read in the past five years.