Dr. Monica Burns is a Curriculum and EdTech Consultant, Apple Distinguished Educator and Founder of ClassTechTips.com. As an educator, Monica was part of her school’s Federal Magnet Funding leadership team and was a vocal advocate for bringing 1:1 technology into her 5th grade classroom. During her tenure as a classroom teacher, Monica used iPads to create engaging, differentiated learning experience to meet the unique needs of her students. Realizing the power of tech tools in the classroom, Monica started ClassTechTips.com to provide a resource for educators and administrators on implementing EdTech in the classroom.
Since starting ClassTechTips.com, Monica has presented to teachers, administrators and tech enthusiasts at numerous national and international conferences including SXSWedu, ISTE, and EduTECH. She is a webinar host for SimpleK12 and a regular contributor to Edutopia and Channel One News. Monica is the author of Deeper Learning with QR Codes and Augmented Reality: A Scannable Solution for Your Classroom (Corwin Press, 2016) and #FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scannable Formative Assessment with Technology (Corwin Press, 2017).
In this episode you will learn:
- How Monica leads professional development for teachers around the country
- Why instructional coaches should listen as much as their share
- How to transition from the classroom to instructional coach
- How to develop quality interactions with technology
- How to personalize tech professional development for teachers
- How to use technology to aid in assessment
- How to grow a teacher blog
- Why Harry Wong’s The First Days of School: How to Be an Effective Teacher should be required reading
- Why webinars are the future of PD
- How virtual reality can transform education